Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Engage10 The Breakers (Part One)

Last month, I had the pleasure of attending my 2nd Engage event, which was held at The Breakers in Palm Beach, FL. I am being totally honest when I say that I DO NOT even know where to begin (which is one of the reasons why it has taken me so long to post this). It seems almost impossible to put into words what I experienced in just a few short days at Engage. Rebecca Grinnals and Kathryn Arce of Engaging Concepts (as well as the fabulous staff at The Breakers) put together one stellar program. Every single detail equalled PERFECTION!

The line-up of guest speakers read like a "whose who" of the wedding and event industry. Celebrity planners Mindy Weiss and Marcy Blum (both of whom I have looked up to for years) delivered humorous insight into their long-lasting careers in the biz. Event designer, Brian Ranfanelli, gave us the low-down on THE most talked about wedding this year. Chelsea Clinton's lil shindig.....you may have heard somethin' about it. Sylvia Weinstock, the "Queen of Cakes" gave us a design lesson with one of her edible masterpieces. She still remains as one of the most fascinating, entertaining and down-to-earth women in my book. And for those of you who are keeping tabs (sound of crickets) yes, that does make twice in one year for me and Mrs. Weinstock....woot woot!

I could go on for days and days about the fabulosity that each of the speakers brought to the table. There were dozens! I can honestly say that I took something away from each and every one of them. My fellow "Engagees" oozed passion, and I feel absolutely honored to be amongst this group. I can't wait to see you all at the next one!

Stay tuned for the rest......


Engage 10 {Day One} from Cloud Nine Creative on Vimeo.
Amazing photographs courtesy of Mel Barlow and DVB Photographers.

No comments: